Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

D.I.Y. Outfit Of The Day

Hey dolls, 
Here is a cute look i made for date night with my hubby. 


I made a mini pencil skirt with interlock stretch fabric in white. I also made the loose top with chiffon fabric in a pink and white stripe pattern. I was extremely nervous when cutting out my fabrics but i used garments that i had previously to trace as patterns. This made it super easy. All you need to know is the basics of sewing, which is how to use your machine and how to hem. Its also important to know the different types of needles to use with different fabrics.


I accessorized with gold fashion jewelry, knob earrings and a long chain with tiger pendant. 


I am amazed and happy at the results of my creation. I topped off this look with a crochet braid hairstyle using marley hair. The sewing machine i used is a brother BM 2800 shown below. I recommend this machine or another brand close to it for easy use as a beginner. 



I am happy with myself and what i accomplished making this outfit. Please leave your comments below, subscribe and share. 
Have you made anything you wish to share? Tell me in your comments below! 
Till next time :-)

2 comments:

  1. You did a good job with the top and skirt. Especially, the top. I really like the slight hi-lo effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you @Viv N. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete