Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Yarn Braids A.K.A. Genie Locs

Hey Dolls!

So, i have something exciting to show you! One of my good friends came to me near two weeks ago asking me to braid her hair in a 'Genie Loc' style. Frankly i didn't know what it was surprisingly, so after research i fell inlove with the way it looks. Take a look at this amazing braided style which looks like actual dreds/locs.


I absolutly love this look, its definately my next hair style!

How To Create This Look!

What you need:
Yarn 100% acrylic
Scissors
Hair moisturizer/leave in conditioner
Lighter

This method is fairly simple! All you need to do is to separate the yarn to the length you need, section your hair to the size you want it to be and then braid it as you would using regular braiding hair. The critical part is when you at the end of the braid, you must tie two knotts on each side then trim excess yarn. The final step is then to burn yarn braid enough to rub neatly with your fingers to seal. When doing this step becareful as it is highly hazardous. 

I will do a how to video when doing this style!
Thanks for viewing! XOXO

See more pics on instagram #Jaybooglam :-)


1 comment: